Lima

Whenever I travel to a new country, my mind feels a little "fuzzy" for the first few days. The fuzziness comes from adjusting to a new place where I'm not familiar with the language, the streets, the customs, the way things work and look. As I'm inundated with new experiences, thoughts, smells, sounds, tastes, and more, I need a few days to start to sort out each new aspect. It's easier when I go somewhere where I know the language--my adjustment in Lima has been faster than it was in Nepal--but I've still decided to describe my first few days in Lima via photos rather than words while my mind sorts everything out!






View of Lima looking north along the Pacific coast (the fogginess feels a bit like San Francisco)




Looking south along the coast







An example of the beautiful flowers here




The Chinatown gate in the centro of Lima


Plaza de Armas (in el centro)


Government buildings (including City Hall) in the Plaza de Armas


Erin and me in City Hall








Tomorrow Erin and I leave for the organic farm, which is in Trapiche (about 30 miles north of Lima and requiring three modes of transportation to get there)!

Comments

  1. This is awesome Chloe! I've always been interested in wwoofing because it seems like a great way to be able to live abroad in an affordable way. I'm stoked for you!
    -Your cousin Matt

    ReplyDelete
  2. A picture's worth a thousand words, it's long been said. I love your idea of letting images help you sort out the overwhelm of new experiences! Thanks for your call tonight, Honey. Lots of love.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts