An Introduction

This blog marks my fourth serious attempt at starting a blog--but this time I will follow through with it! By telling many people about it, I hope that I've peer pressured myself enough into posting on a regular basis (or at least on as regular a basis as I can with the internet access I'll have).

Why am I starting a blog now?

On Friday, I'm leaving for a two-month trip to Latin America before starting law school. This blog will be a way for me to keep family and friends updated as I travel and also, I hope, enable me to record my experiences in a more concrete way than I normally would. I'll be spending my first month wwoofing on a farm outside of Lima, Peru, with my friend Erin. The second month I'll be traveling in Peru, Argentina, Bolivia, and the Dominican Republic. After I return, I intend to keep writing in this blog, as the name implies I'm not on a specific "quest"...

How did I decide on the blog name?

Decisions for me are often long processes, in which I examine all of the options I can think of, mull them over for a few days (or weeks...), and then finally make my decision. The choice for a blog title, in contrast, was made within a few minutes! I'd begun to think of blog titles in my head but none were interesting or clever enough to seriously consider. Then, I was talking with my co-worker and the first name she suggested was "Chloe's Quest". I instantly knew it was perfect--conveying a specific yet sufficiently vague intent, being relevant to me (well, including my name), and being an aspiring alliteration. In very un-Chloe-like fashion, I decided on the spot that that would be the name of my blog. If I hadn't, you probably wouldn't be reading this post and I'd still be trying to think of a name (thank you, Suzanne!).

What next?

Read my blog! :) I'll have limited access to internet while on the farm but will update this as frequently as I can. You can also subscribe to my blog by entering your email address below "Follow by email" on the right side of the page and pressing "Submit".

Comments

  1. will you be tweeting while you are in south america?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm looking forward to this really fun way to follow you on this quest, Chloe. Travel safely. Love,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a wonderful journey and one where all the intermediate steps might be as meaningful as reaching the destinations. Enjoy every moment!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chloe, so excited to be able to follow you on your quest! Thanks for posting lots of photos. Enjoy. Love, Aunt Dina

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts